The White-tailed Eagle is the bird of 2024. It:
- is registered in the Red Book of RA as an endangered species,
- the White-tailed Eagle used to nest in Armenia in the past, but in recent years it has been observed only in winter and during migration,
- according to the last available data, it was observed on May 2, 2023 in Gegharkunik region,
- nesting record: in 1954 (according to Dal),
- protected in the areas of Lake Sevan basin, in the neighborhoods of Yerevan, as well as in Syunik region, in the Vorotan River valley,
- feeds mainly on fish and other vertebrate animals, carrion.
The "Bird of the Year" campaign is aimed at choosing each year the bird species that symbolizes the year and attracting the attention of the public to the importance of not only protecting this species and its habitat, but also nature in general.
To participate in the Bird of the Year campaign, please contact us all interested organizations, institutions, schools, NGOs, initiatives and individuals who are willing to contribute to this ecological campaign.
To join, to submit cooperation and campaign proposals, contact us by phone +374 44 599949 or send a personal message on our social pages or by e-mail to email@example.com.